I've been wanting to clean up the front of the bike, but there being so much crap stuffed into the headlight bucket, it seems like a daunting task. I'll just have to take it a little at a time.
First I'll relocate the front turn signals and the ignition. The ignition will be relocated to the frame of the bike, and my turn signals will be mounted to the lower triple tree, behind the fork tubes. There are places that sell a signal relocation bracket that moves the turn signals to the front of the lower triple tree, surrounding the rectifier, but I don't really like that look. What I aim to do is relocate the signals onto the lower triple tree. There is a small space where I can fit a slim bracket behind one of the bolts on the lower triple tree, which is where I plan on locating the lights. Take a look at these pictures to see what I mean:
Seems simple enough right? So what I did was buy these "tee plates" from Cole Hardware, cut them down to size, widen the holes, and sand them down. I also need to thin them out to fit in the space on the triple tree. I want to make sure the bracket isn't too thick, otherwise a slight change in the diameter of triple tree hole might cause some changes in its ability to clamp down on the fork bars. First I'll relocate the front turn signals and the ignition. The ignition will be relocated to the frame of the bike, and my turn signals will be mounted to the lower triple tree, behind the fork tubes. There are places that sell a signal relocation bracket that moves the turn signals to the front of the lower triple tree, surrounding the rectifier, but I don't really like that look. What I aim to do is relocate the signals onto the lower triple tree. There is a small space where I can fit a slim bracket behind one of the bolts on the lower triple tree, which is where I plan on locating the lights. Take a look at these pictures to see what I mean:
I really wish I had a garage and a more extensive tool set. Doing these small projects with a dremel sometimes makes things more difficult than they need to be. However, I still think these brackets turned out okay. And for $4, who can complain!
Start:






No comments:
Post a Comment