A few new things have happened recently, so brace yourself, as this post might be more text heavy than usual. I'll try and keep it pretty with the pictures though, okay?
First off, I got my new lid. I sold the hipster bell moto 4 because it was just too snug on the ears. I also wasn't too fond of the idea of riding around with 30 year old helmet foam as protection for my brainssssss.
Here's a picture of my new lid, the Biltwell Huslter:
I'm very pleased with the lid in general. The construction is of excellent quality, and despite being a 3/4 helmet, the padding around the ears makes it a rather quiet lid.
Next, I took a few hours to install some norman hyde rearsets. I'd say the install was pretty straightforward, and is probably a 2-3 on a difficulty scale of 1-5 (5 being "let me take this shit to the shop instead"). The biggest issue I ran into was that I accidentally torqued all the bolts down to foot-lbs instead of newton-meters. No big deal, I just had to go back and re-torque all the bolts.
Lastly, I test fitted my newly bobbed rear fender. I love the new look of it, and can't wait to have it on there with the tail light installed. I ordered some paint, so I'll spray it when it gets here.
Eventually I'm probably going to chop off the rear section of the frame and shorten the tail of the bike a bit. When that happens I'll probably make a thinner seat pan, and get a thin layer of foam and gel to make a low-profile, cafe seat. For now I'll have to go with either the stock bonneville seat, or the sixty8 contemporary seat. Personally I think the sixty8 seat looks better, you?
First off, I got my new lid. I sold the hipster bell moto 4 because it was just too snug on the ears. I also wasn't too fond of the idea of riding around with 30 year old helmet foam as protection for my brainssssss.
Here's a picture of my new lid, the Biltwell Huslter:
Next, I took a few hours to install some norman hyde rearsets. I'd say the install was pretty straightforward, and is probably a 2-3 on a difficulty scale of 1-5 (5 being "let me take this shit to the shop instead"). The biggest issue I ran into was that I accidentally torqued all the bolts down to foot-lbs instead of newton-meters. No big deal, I just had to go back and re-torque all the bolts.
Peep it kid:
Lastly, I test fitted my newly bobbed rear fender. I love the new look of it, and can't wait to have it on there with the tail light installed. I ordered some paint, so I'll spray it when it gets here.
Eventually I'm probably going to chop off the rear section of the frame and shorten the tail of the bike a bit. When that happens I'll probably make a thinner seat pan, and get a thin layer of foam and gel to make a low-profile, cafe seat. For now I'll have to go with either the stock bonneville seat, or the sixty8 contemporary seat. Personally I think the sixty8 seat looks better, you?
Option 1: stock bonneville seat
Option 2: sixty8 contemporary seat
Another view:






No comments:
Post a Comment