Paint finally came from the UK. I considered painting the whole thing matte black, but decided to just get touch up paint and cover the raw edges. Much less labor, and it'll match my front fender. If I ever decide to run without a front fender, then I'll reconsider spraying the rear.
There were some pretty big chips near the edge of the fender where my dremel went ballistic. I didn't want to fill the chips, so I just went with 3 coats of triumph aluminum silver, and 3 coats of clear. Not gonna lie, it looks like shit up close haha. Oh well, I only painted it to prevent it from rusting.
While I was swapping out the fender, I relocated the rectifier to the frame, and moved the horn lower. I need to do this to clear some space underneath the headlight so I can bring it down, and closer into the bike.
Here's how she looks with the fender and taillight:
My stock seat has been lying around collecting dust, so I decided to chop it up to see what I could come up with. After watching a couple of youtube videos on motorcycle seat upholstery, I figured it was simple enough for me to do. I plan to:
There were some pretty big chips near the edge of the fender where my dremel went ballistic. I didn't want to fill the chips, so I just went with 3 coats of triumph aluminum silver, and 3 coats of clear. Not gonna lie, it looks like shit up close haha. Oh well, I only painted it to prevent it from rusting.
While I was swapping out the fender, I relocated the rectifier to the frame, and moved the horn lower. I need to do this to clear some space underneath the headlight so I can bring it down, and closer into the bike.
Here's how she looks with the fender and taillight:
My stock seat has been lying around collecting dust, so I decided to chop it up to see what I could come up with. After watching a couple of youtube videos on motorcycle seat upholstery, I figured it was simple enough for me to do. I plan to:
- remove upholstery
- remove foam
- trim seatpan
- reuse stock foam, trim it down using sandpaper
- score some leather, sew some simple lines in it, and staple it back down
Since I'll be reusing the stock seatpan, I can maintain all the stock mounting points and bolts. And if it goes terribly wrong? Oh well....it's a crap seat and I've learned something new. On to the pics:
stock seat
pulling staples with my gerber blade
all the staples
got to second base
hello mr. seatpan
taping off the lines of the seatpan
Anyone have any hookups to textiles?








No comments:
Post a Comment