Feb 27, 2012

new e.d.c.

Out with the old shitty, and in with the new!


So my Gerber e.d.c. (every day carry) broke unexepectedly.  I understand that the tip of knives aren't supposed to be that strong, but this blade snapped in half when I was pulling a staple out of a piece of plastic.  A STAPLE!  

I was always under the impression that Gerber was a high quality, American made knife company.  However, upon further investigation I learned that Gerber started outsourcing their blades to China a few years back.  No wonder my blade was a piece of shit. 

For my next knife, I wanted something with a strong blade, but also something stylish so that I could possibly pass it on as an heirloom.  Originally I wanted to go with a knife made from a file, as I'm told those are the strongest, but these usually come in a fixed blade.  

After a long search, I decided to go with this handsome M4 pocket with a bone handle made by Columbia River Knife & Tool.


The cool thing about this e.d.c. is that the bone handle will change over time with use.  I'm strapped again, so don't mess!

1 comment: